Brand Trading Executive
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trading Assistant to join a leading beauty business. Established more than 20 years ago, this company is a market-leading manufacturer of cosmetics and beauty solutions worldwide. This role sits within the own-brand division working across a portfolio of brands. They are a small, close-knit and busy team passionate about beauty and we live and breathe brand-building. We are looking for someone with passion, energy and enthusiasm to support in driving the success of our brands.
As the Brand Trading Exec across a portfolio of 5 brands on the Shopify platform, you will report to the Senior Brand Manager, supporting with the implementation and monitoring of the day-to-day trading activity on the 5 branded sites, in the English Language.
This involves executing the marketing plan across the brand's websites ensuring all promotional activity goes live correctly and according to plan. This role will monitor the ongoing performance of online promotions making any recommendations for change and feeding this back to team members and managers as appropriate.
A key part of trading the websites is understanding the website performance. You will use web analytics tools and work with the wider team and Senior Brand Manager to monitor the performance of all the key elements of the website to understand the success of the marketing programme and make recommendations for changes daily.
You will work with the team to test new ways of executing promotions and work with the user experience team on any findings and new innovative ideas.
You will demonstrate an awareness of the different requirements through the understanding of analytics and performance information. You will use this awareness to make changes to each website which will maximise conversion for customers in each market. As part of this, you will also research competitors and feed this back to the Senior Brand Manager and other members of the team and overall business as needed.
The ideal candidate will come from a Beauty background with strong knowledge of recent trends, active ingredients and potential growth opportunities for the future. Knowledge in PR would also be beneficial.
A competitive salary,
Discounts on branded website,
Generous holiday allowance,
A day off for your birthday
A fun and vibrant working environment.
*Please note that we are currently splitting time between the office and working from home*
• Implement the execution of the marketing plan across all websites
• Monitor the web analytics to measure performance of website activity and make recommendations to change.
• Work with the user experience team to identify areas of improvement across the websites.
• Work closely with marketing to delivery effective content changes and promotions across the websites.
• Demonstrate an awareness of the different markets and adapt trading activity to maximize sales for the different customers in each market.
• Conduct ad-hoc research on competitors in the different markets and the trading conditions and circulate this information to the wider team.
• Always strives to improve the department’s operation and increase knowledge of own and related job functions.
• Assists colleagues by completing tasks outside own job role when requested, including supporting associated departments such as sales.
• Is an ambassador for the brand.
• Attends training, meetings and other events as requested by direct manager or senior management.
• Maintains own working area in a professional and organised manner.