COLOUR COSMETIC PRODUCT DEVELOPER
Due to exciting expansion, a rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Colour Cosmetic Product Developer to join a leading global beauty manufacturer based in Knutsford, Cheshire.
As a business, we pride ourselves on offering personalised beauty solutions for our clients, from concept to shelf. You will own responsibility for overseeing this complete product development process for your assigned categories, presenting new products to clients, liaising with suppliers and working cross-functionally with our R&D, Technical and Design teams.
Your responsibilities will include;
• Managing the product development process for your assigned products and categories, including concept development, sourcing, formula development, packaging and design
• Work to a critical path and coordinate across teams, to ensure project deadlines are met
• Collaborate with Project Managers, Technical and China NPD teams for successful delivery of product lines
• Keep a close eye on market trends, being able to correctly identify and size opportunities at both macro and micro level, presenting insights to the NPD Manager & Director
• Help to present and sell-in trends to Senior Management & Clients
• Identify key opportunities for product development appropriate to our key account needs
• Arranging cosmetic and component samples, reviewing any sampling problems using creative solutions to deliver high quality products
• Sample review and testing, ensure all packaging and cosmetic samples are fit for purpose and meet sensory requirements.
• Generate product costings to support customer quotations, including negotiating savings with China team
A minimum of 2 years’ experience in cosmetic, skincare or fragrance product management and development
• Experience of developing products from identifying customer needs to presenting a solution
• A keen interest in trend analysis
• Trade sales experience will be an advantage
• Highly organised and able to work on multiple projects at once
• Reactive, able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Strong attention to detail
• Independent and a self-starter
• Enthusiastic and energetic
• Able to work autonomously and not afraid to take on responsibility
• It is a given that you will be passionate about all things beauty
Who are we?
Established more than 20 years ago, we’re a market-leading manufacturer and supplier of cosmetics and beauty solutions worldwide. Our clients include influential retailers all over the world and we deliver a multitude of services, including product innovation and development, design and manufacturing.
What are we offering?
The opportunity to work on exciting beauty and private label brands, a competitive salary, early-finish Fridays, birthday leave and a friendly working environment.