Junior Product Developer
Knutsford and Stoke-on-Trent
Due to exciting expansion in one of our NPD teams, a rare opportunity has arisen for a Junior Product Developer to join a leading global beauty manufacturer based in both Knutsford, Cheshire & Stoke.
As a business, we pride ourselves on offering personalized beauty solutions, from concept to shelf. This role is very hands on and varied but you will be working closely with the Senior Product Developer and Account Managers on the complete product development process for your assigned accounts. Taking product from concept ideation direct to our in-house labs, liaising and briefing suppliers, and working cross-functionally with our R&D, Technical and Design teams.
Your responsibilities will include.
• Managing and being the key point of contact for the product development process for your assigned products and categories. From initial concept development and briefing, sourcing, sampling, formula development, packaging and design.
• Building and managing key critical paths and coordinating this across teams, ensuring projects are tracking to key timelines and deadlines are met.
• Collaborate with account managers, technical, lab, merchandising and China NPD teams for successful delivery of new products.
• Arranging cosmetic and component samples, reviewing all samples received against key briefs, using creative solutions to keep all products on track and in line with brief, brand USP and ethos.
• Arranging cosmetic and component samples, reviewing any sampling problems using creative solutions to deliver high quality products.
• Sample review and testing, ensure all packaging and cosmetic samples are fit for purpose and meet sensory requirements.
• Work closely with key suppliers and NPD teams to negotiate better lead times and pricing.
• Help to present new trends and innovative products to Clients alongside account managers and Senior NPD.
• Identify key opportunities for product development appropriate for our key account needs.
• Generate and organise all initial NPD pricing and costs and make readily available for the wider team.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in product management and development – ideally in the cosmetics and skincare industry.
• Highly organised and able to work on multiple projects at once.
• Experience of managing projects and critical paths, with a passion for organisation.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
• A strong team player, with the ability to be reactive and support the wider business where needed.
• Experience of developing products from concept to launch.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to identity issues and collaboratively work on solutions with the product and brand at heart.
• A keen interest in trend analysis
• Independent and a self-starter
• Enthusiastic and energetic
• Able to work autonomously and not afraid to take on responsibility
• Passionate about all thing’s beauty
• Happy to roll up your sleeves, push your boundaries and get involved.
• A desire to be a part of a team that works closely to make exciting things happen!
Who are we?
Established more than 20 years ago, we are a market-leading manufacturer and supplier of cosmetics and beauty solutions worldwide. Our clients include influential retailers all over the world and we deliver a multitude of services, including product innovation and development, design and manufacturing. Under the direction of Tiffany, our Creative Director we have launched five innovative, trend led brands that are gaining an incredible following globally.
What are we offering?
The opportunity to work on exciting beauty and private label brands, a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, early-finish Fridays, birthday leave and a friendly, passionate working environment.
We work hard, but in an incredibly rewarding environment where we learn something new every day – No week is ever the same!